|Top 4 Reasons Homes Don’t Sell
|Poor Marketing. Gone are the days when an agent could simply place your listing with the local multiple listing service, stick a sign in the yard, and wait for another agent to bring forth a buyer.
In the past 7 years computers and the internet have changed the face of real estate. Most agents haven’t kept up. According to the National Association of Realtors (2014 study), 90% of all home buyers now use the Internet for house hunting. Rock star listing agents like Adam are computer-savvy, putting listings on lots of web sites, a particular benefit when working with out-of-town buyers.
Believe it or not, less than 7% of agents are trained in the fine art of sales and marketing. There are those who rely on a yard sign to do their work for them, and those that put a lot of effort into marketing their listings. Adam proactively looks for buyers for your property and utilizes effective marketing plans for his listings.
Pricing. Some home sellers want to price their homes above market value, because they think the cushion gives them more negotiating room. But what overpricing actually does is eliminate potential buyers. Others price their homes too low, causing potential buyers to wonder ‘what’s wrong with it?’.Adam will work with you to get the most money in the least amount of time.
|Bad Photos. You might be surprised how many buyers say ‘NO!’ to houses simply because of poor photos used in ads, internet or on the Multiple Listing Service. It’s even more amazing that agents let them discard a house based on that criteria, but it happens all the time. Good photos are not always easy to get. The sun isn’t always in an ideal position for the photo. The agent might not be capable of taking a good picture, or is just plain lazy.
Make sure the house is well represented in all photographs. Adam makes sure we take amazing photos that will work to get your home SOLD.
You Had a Lousy Agent. Yep, they exist: Real estate agents who mislead, misfire and misbehave. Their bad advice can cost you plenty in time, money and the sheer hassle of keeping the place show-ready 24/7.
The wrong agent will misrepresent (“Here’s what I can get for you if you list with me!”), not market it properly, fail to screen for qualified buyers, be unresponsive to interest from other agents and keep you totally in the dark throughout the process.
What’s more, if your agent is abrasive, arrogant or simply unknowledgeable, other agents may not want the hassle of showing any of their listings to prospective buyers. Adam is well liked and well respected by agents in the real estate community and will work hard to get YOU the best price in the least amount of time. Plus you’ll get feedback on every showing, great communication and no long-term commitment! You can cancel the listing anytime!
We know that 90% of buyers start their search on the internet. And the way they find homes is arranged according to price brackets.
So the price we set will take advantage of the way buyers search for homes.
If you go much below the suggested price, that tells the buyer that you may be desperate and you need to sell
If you go much above the suggested price, you tell people you never really have to sell the house.
In either case, you might get no offers or offers that waste your time. And we don’t want that.
I would rather set a price that gets you multiple offers – offers I have to negotiate to get you what you want, than no offers at all
* An overpriced home…
- Minimizes offers
- Lowers agent response
- Limits qualified buyers
- Lowers showings
- Lowers prospects
- Limits financing
- Wastes advertising dollars
- Nets less for the seller
Marketing your home for Sale
① Outdoor Advertising
- Great Signage – My signs are printed front and back, and they get noticed!
② Internet Advertising
I feature your home on hundreds of real estate search web sites.
- Brokerage Websites – My technology allows us to showcase your property on every major brokerage website. This means that your home will be featured on sites like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, Coldwell Banker, and all of the local mom and pop real estate outfits as well. So, even though you list with me, your home will be featured on just about every other brokerage site in town and throughout the nation.
- National Channel Partners – Through my unique relationship with my national channel partners, your home will be featured on popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, HGTV, Yahoo Homes, AOL Real Estate, Oodle and many more.
- Affiliate Channel Partners – Popular websites like those sponsored by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and many others will also feature your home.
- Regional Channel Partners – I market on hundreds of popular regional websites.
- Craigslist – I list and update your property on craigslist regularly. My well-constructed ads generate a steady stream of buyer inquiries every day.
I will expose your home on hundreds of web sites!
Here are just a few…
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Of course you are familiar with search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN etc. Your listing will be keyword optimized by my industry professional so that your home achieves high ranking status on the internet’s most popular search engines.
- Social Media – I use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and many other popular social media platforms to market your property. I have lots of friends on my Facebook profile where your listing will be prominently featured along with my YouTube channel and several other key social platforms.
③ Print Advertising
- Just Listed Cards – I mail color postcards to your closest neighbors. Let your community help spread the word!
- Monthly Mailings – I periodically direct mail to local residents and my database, marketing my website that prominently displays your home as a premier featured listing.
Get your FREE copy of Adam’s Guide to Selling your Home. Give me a call (941) 350-0151 or reach out via the Contact Tab and I will mail you a copy of my book.